Oof, well that was quite the week! I’m finally sitting down with MountainMan reading and drinking some Sunday afternoon coffee. It’s been a week crammed with good and bad, stressful and fun, and I’m glad to finally have some slow, quiet time to process everything before I start again tomorrow.
- 4:20am wake ups on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday + 12 hour days Monday and Tuesday due to work events/meetings.
- MM being gone all week for a funeral 😦
- Taking care of furbaby – fun but stressful since he seems to act up when anxious about MM being gone
- Some disconcerting work stuff
- Thought MM had crashed because the 100 mile drive from the airport today took him 4 hours. Nope, he just stopped to nap and didn’t tell me
- A crazy commute Thursday that involved bad bus schedules, lost car keys, cycling in 27 degree weather, and misplaced office keys. And then, thankfully, free bacon
- Science club students rocked it at their final presentations! So proud 🙂
- Tempo run on weds started wayyyyy too fast but then I held on and managed to drop almost 20 seconds in the last mile, totally shocking myself
- Finished another conference abstract and made good progress on the study design and budget (new skill, yay!) for a new study – actually felt focused and productive even after 2×12 hour days to start the week
- May have found a new road bike!
- Found a sweeeet new dirt-road running route and got to explore it with furbaby
- Joined the #oisellevolee team! So excited to be on a team with new and former teammates 🙂 More on this coming soon…
- Related: Started planning my summer race season and got wayyyy too excited. All the trail races!
- Finished up a 30-mile week (woohoo!) with a sunny, celebratory shake-out run
After all that I’m grateful to have a few hours to relax and recharge before jumping back in to work, another week of training, and the general stress of adult life. Thank goodness for my favorite fleecy blankets, comfy old track-team sweatshirt, and decaf evening coffee 🙂